FFI & MacOS X

Diego Tiscornia diegobt at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 10 16:02:34 UTC 2004

John M McIntosh writes:

> I'm sure I read somewhere is that the function call we make to get the
> address for a function name
> doesn't care if it's a bundle or dylib, or something. It does the right
> thing to resolve the address.
>
> On Jun 9, 2004, at 10:28 PM, diego bart wrote:
>
> > In order to test I wrote a small example and compiled it both .bundle
> > and .dylib following apple examples. I get the message "cannot find
> > function
> > address".I can use them from C via the NS way (bundle) and linking to
> > a dylib,
> > but cant get sq to find the symbols :(

Hi thank you for answering.

I already had SqueakFFIPrims.bundle.
I think it came with the Carbon version, and the FFI examples work,
but I can't get anything else to work with it :(
I think I would get the "no function callout mechanism available"
(or similar) exception hadn't I gotten the lib,
at least this is what happens when you delete it.

Anyway I just in case downloaded the version you mentioned,
but it doesnt work either :(