SqueakMap feature request

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Jun 11 07:27:48 UTC 2004

On Jun 11, 2004, at 12:19 AM, goran.krampe at bluefish.se wrote:

> The only thing that pops up in my mind is that this should perhaps be
> implemented using "resources" that we can "tag" using categories. The
> idea with resources is that anyone can create a resource (owned by the
> creating account, just like packages) and then attach it to a single
> other SMObject (in this case an SMPackageRelease) not necessarily owned
> by the resource owner.

That doesn't seem right.  This is definitely something that should be
under the control of the person making the release.  And these URLs
need to have very specific semantics that are honored by the loader,
they aren't just arbitrary extra metadata.  So I think we'd want to
just extend SMPackageRelease itself.

Avi