[ANN] "Pure" Ogg-Vorbis decoder

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sat Jun 12 02:42:29 UTC 2004

"Russell Penney" <russell.penney at tincanct.com> wrote:

> I am playing with primitives but I might hold off until I have refactored.
When you've tidied the code to your satisfaction, take a look at some
of the methods in MiscPrimitivesPlugin for examples of the sort of code
I imagine you might want to write.
Bitmap compress:toByteArray:)
Bitmap decompress:fromByteArray:at:)
Bitmap encodeBytesOf:in:at:)
Bitmap encodeInt:in:at:)
String compare:with:collated:)
String translate:from:to:table:)
String findFirstInString:inSet:startingAt:)
String indexOfAscii:inString:startingAt:)
String findSubstring:in:startingAt:matchTable:)
ByteArray hashBytes:startingWith:)
SampledSound convert8bitSignedFrom:to16Bit:)

These are examples of some methods that can be run in Smalltalk or
translated. Another place to look is in classes like SoundCodecPlugin
(from VMMaker) for code that is likely to have some similarity to your
main loops. Remember that there may be endian issues with code
translated to a primitive.

tim
Useful random insult:- Wasn't fully debugged before being released.