sr at evolgo.de
Mon Jun 14 16:42:36 UTC 2004
Dear Tim and others,
here comes the next version v1.5 of the LargeIntegersPluginBugfix:
testing code is separated from plugin code now!
I have *changed* my recent opinion not to separate testing code from
plugin code: now I see that separating makes sense. It is suggested to
install the latest test code (next mail from me) together with the
plugin code, of course, but with separating them it is possible
- to write new tests without the need to change the version number of
the plugin (has just bitten me), and
- to write tests independently from the development of the plugin.
"Change Set: LargeIntegersPluginBugfix1-5
Date: 14 June 2004
Author: Stephan Rudlof
Requires: LargeIntegersPlugin v1.2, should be compatible with earlier
versions of this fix.
This changeset incrementally *upgrades* the LargeIntegers plugin to v1.5.
>From the class comment:
- no code change at all compared to v1.4
- made to outsource testing code (LargeIntegersPluginTest) introduced in
- updated class comment: reference to LargeIntegersPluginTest removed
- no semantic change compared to v1.3
- >>cHighBit: improved (could be faster now)
- fix: class comment
- improved class comment
- >>flag: introduced to allow #flag: messages (does nothing)
- new: class>>buildCodeGeneratorUpTo: as hook for switching debugMode
(default is not to change anything)
- removed: class>>new (obsolete)
- minor cleanup of source code layout
- fix: >>primDigitDiv:negative: now checks if its Integer args are
normalized; without this change the plugin crashes, if a division by
zero through a non normalized - filled with zero bytes - arg occurs.
This can happen through printing by the inspector windows after changing
the bytes of a LargeInteger manually.
Stephan Rudlof (sr at evolgo.de)
"Genius doesn't work on an assembly line basis.
You can't simply say, 'Today I will be brilliant.'"
-- Kirk, "The Ultimate Computer", stardate 4731.3
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 5932 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/attachments/20040614/9deb8c5a/LargeIntegersPluginBugfix.16.cs.bin
More information about the Squeak-dev