3.7a on Linux: A few install notes and problems

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 15 19:49:23 UTC 2004

Alex,

Thanks for your reply!

I noticed the inisqueak yesterday (after I already manully unzipped the 2 gz
files). Is the idea that if I run it after install, then all I have to do is
to execute "squeak" with no parameters and it will point to the installed
image? If so, that's good, although it would be nice if running "inisqueak"
was not necessary (and be part of the rpm install if possible), while minor
it would be nice to have sort of a 1-click install.

Regarding the Games, etc, I read more on it on Swiki after I wrote, and yes,
it appears there will eventually be avalable in "full" image. It was just a
bit confusing seeing empty ellipse like that, and, most importantly, clicking
on "Graphics" everything froze. I just wanted to provide feedback, not sure
it's very useful,

Thanks, Milan