Default UI preferences for 3.7

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Fri Jun 18 03:33:21 UTC 2004

On Thursday, June 17, 2004, at 07:43 PM, Doug Way wrote:

> Drag and drop is a close call... it is useful, but I seem to remember
> it caused some interaction problems when turned on. Although it's
> possible that at least some of these have been fixed. (Ned?)

I've been playing around with drag and drop turned on in 3.7beta and
3.6, and it looks like the interaction problems have been fixed.

The main problem was that it previously possible to accidentally start
dragging an item when you were trying to select it.  This is no longer
possible, since it's now required that an item is selected before it
can be dragged.  Various smaller problems have been fixed too.

I'll add the drag&drop pref to the voting list... seems like a good
idea to turn on at this point.

- Doug