Pending mac VM 3.7.4B1

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Sat Jun 19 05:45:02 UTC 2004

I've moved a mac vm 3.7.4b1 out based on Tim's latest VMMaker changes

Please find an early release at http://homepage.mac.com/johnmci/

Squeak 3.7.4Beta1.app.sit

I would be delighted if folks can test it.

3.7.4b1			primitive Function Pointer goes into method cache logic,
better lookup times.
				Force Interrupt Check logic in VM to fix most/all? issues with
tight loops and keyboard interrupt logic.
				more sanity checks in displayBitsOfLeftTopRightBottom
				cleanup of flushExternalPrimitiveOf
				cleanup of oopFromChunk
				refactor pop then push to pop:thenPush:
				lookupMethodInDictionary refactor to make one loop looking, versus
perhaps two.
  				mark/sweep logic or type, versus adding type (or is correct math)
				dispatchFunctionPointer logic
				rework primitiveScanCharacters logic
				add parm to VMparms to set interruptChecksEveryNms
				Fix bug in primitiveYield

LargeIntegersPlugin	add normalization logic

ZipPlugin			added primitiveUpdateAdler32 primitive

Note it seems a bit faster for message sends due to work on primitive
calling submitted by Tim
in the latest VMMaker edition. Feedback on performance is welcome. I'll
ensure sourceforge
changes (if any) go up on the weekend
===