How to save a book morph on a disk

Karl Ramberg karl.ramberg at chello.se
Sat Jun 19 13:32:38 UTC 2004

raymondasselin at sympatico.ca wrote:

> =?ISO-8859-1?Q?st=E9phane_ducasse?= <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I trying to use bookmorph and would like to save the pages individually
> > on my disk.
> > I could not see how I could define where the BookMorph is stored from
> > the UI so I tried from the code.
> >
> > I did
> > BookMorph grabURL:
> > 'file:/Volumes/Data/Users/ducasse/Workspace/FirstCircle/SqDemoes/
> > JUNE2004'
> >
> > BookMorph grabURL:
> > 'file://Volumes/Data/Users/ducasse/Workspace/FirstCircle/SqDemoes/
> > JUNE2004'
> >
> > I tried
> >
> > (ServerFile new fullPath:
> > 'file://Volumes/Data/Users/ducasse/Workspace/FirstCircle/SqDemoes/
> > JUNE2004/pages') asStream but I still get a pop up and when I say
> > create a new file. I still get nil instaed of a stream.
> >
> > Stef
>
> Bonjour Stéphane,
>                                         hardcode in the image is the server 'DaniOnJumbo'  which does'nt
> exist anymore. The problem is that no body seems to know how to get rid
> of it, or how to add new server. If you find a solution I'll be glad to
> know it.  For now I resign and export each page as a PNG for reloading
> in PowerPoint when need, or just save the BookMorph in file as a morph
> via the debug halo.

I took a look at the BookMorph in the browser and the code looks like
it could do with some reworking. There is a nice interface for selecting
a directory
in the image: FileList2 modalFolderSelector. Using that together with my
recent enhancement
to FileList2 to offer a volumeMenu I think the situation could improve a
great deal.

Karl