Pretty Print bug?

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Sat Jun 19 16:01:10 UTC 2004

On Saturday, June 19, 2004, at 11:24 AM, C. David Shaffer wrote:

> Russell,
>
> Just a shot in the dark: are you using a "control key" combination to
> accept your methods?  There is browser code which checks if control is
> down when a method is selected and it displays a decompiled version of
> the method.  Normally this code never fires in morphic since in most
> OS's pressing control when you select a method with the mouse causes
> the halo to appear on the window.  However, if you're using control-S
> to save, for example, then it fires that code.  BTW, this annoyed me
> so much that I overrode that browser method in my Keymapping package
> on SqueakMap.

Oooh, I bet David is right on this one.  This is rather nasty, as it
would only show up if you've happen to turn on the switch-ctrl-alt
preference, and then would only happen depending on how long you held
down the ctrl key.

In any case, that browser code which checks if ctrl is down should
probably be terminated with extreme prejudice, and replaced with
something more reasonable.

- Doug