Regular Expressions in Smalltalk?

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Sat Jun 19 22:54:47 UTC 2004

Guenther Schmidt <gue.schmidt at web.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to take strings apart, and would need something like regex's.
Load Andy Greenberg's Regular Expression Plugin package fomr SqueakMap.
The plugin has been in the VMMaker for ages so your VM ought to already
have it available. Gazillions of examples and test cases. Seems to work
well.

For anyone interested in such things, I can't help thinking it might be
worth exploring how many places would benefit from using regexp where
now they are using cobbled together parsing or tokenising etc.

tim
Computers talk to each other worse than their designers do.