Regular Expressions in Smalltalk?

Russell Penney russell.penney at tincanct.com
Sun Jun 20 10:43:42 UTC 2004

Tim,
   I have looked at using the regex package but noticed by looking at other
code that it isn't really used in a lot of places. So I umm'd and errr'd and
decided to leave it alone for the moment.

So is it more efficient to use regex? Or is the ease of use/maintaining
better with regex? Inquiring minds wish to know :)

If it turns out that regex is better/faster/stronger than cobbling together
a parser, I would vote that Squeak had it included as standard (SMACC for
complex stuff and regex for simpler stuff)

Russell