help with defining packages on Squeak Map

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Sun Jun 20 12:55:53 UTC 2004

Hi all!

Stephan B. Wessels <swessels at cox.net> wrote:
> Help fellow Squeakers,
>
> I'm not aware of what I'm doing wrong, but I'm trying to accomplish a
> major update of all of my Squeak goodies, for Squeak 3.7.  I created
> new packages for each one, made sure each file to be downloaded was
> available on the Internet, and began to fill out individual releases
> pages on Squeak Map.
>
> But I get an error each time I try to add/edit a package release.  I'm
> wondering if there's a problem using Safari on OS X?  I tried IE on OS
> X and it behaved the same way.  My suspicion is that something is not
> rendering correctly in the web browser and a field which must be chosen
> is not working correctly.  I uploaded a pdf showing the way the page
> looks just before I try and update.
> 	http://squeak.preeminent.org/source/Picture2.pdf
>
> There's a place on the web page where it says (in bold) "In each of the
> following mandatory categories a subcategory must be chosen:" but
> there's nothing to choose available.
>
> Is this broken or am I doing something wrong?

The long answer:

Hmmm, funky. I have no idea why there suddenly are no categories marked
as mandatory for releases, I wonder when/how this changed? Anyway - I
have worked over the category tree and now:

- Package group is mandatory for packages. That is now the ONLY category
mandatory there. Also added a new subcat called "Non official package" -
this is the one to pick! (hopefully people will understand that)
- License, Version, Maturity level are now mandatory for RELEASES (not
packages). This means they can all change from release to release.
- Added Compatibility level as a new mandatory category for RELEASES.
This is for the upcoming dependency scheme so I threw it in. See:
	http://map1.squeakfoundation.org/sm/category/cb51b604-bb97-415d-a040-f2
31ecdd5bc7

And the short answer is: Try adding releases again. :)

>   - Steve

regards, Göran