Regular Expressions in Smalltalk?

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Sun Jun 20 23:23:32 UTC 2004

On Jun 20, 2004, at 4:13 PM, Russell Penney wrote:

> Do the 2 implementations (plugin and package on SM which I assume is
> Vassili's) handle the same inputs? i.e. can they compile the same regex
> expression?
>
> If so, maybe we include the "pure" implementation with stubs to try the
> plugin if available.

It's unlikely that they take exactly the same inputs, but I'm sure
there's a common subset, and we could fail gracefully if the plugin
wasn't available and you tried to use something outside of that subset.
  If anyone wants to write a bridge layer that does this, I'll be happy
to include it in the SM package.

Avi