Inconsistencies in WeakSet implementation

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Mon Jun 21 16:19:07 UTC 2004

On Monday 21 June 2004 1:26 am, Stéphane Rollandin wrote:
> while debugging an object of mine using weak sets, I found
> inconsistencies in the WeakSet implementation which, when cleaned up,
> solved my problem. Still, I don't get the full picture, so here is what
> I kind of understood. I am sending an [ENH] in another message providing
> my "fix" but it sure should be looked at carefully by someone who knows
> what this is all about.

Check to make sure that you haven't killed off the WeakArray finalization
process.

Open a Process Browser from the World/debug menu, and make sure you see it.

If not, try

	WeakArray initialize

It's easy to interrupt and kill this process with the Alt-. keystroke, and
there's no check for it at startup time.

I think that WeakArray's startUp: method should probably restart the process.

Stay tuned for a fix.
--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/