undefined symbol: shutdownModule

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Mon Jun 21 21:23:32 UTC 2004

On Monday 21 June 2004 1:13 pm, Martin Kuball wrote:
> When exiting squeak I get the following message:
>
> ioFindExternalFunctionIn(shutdownModule, 136266512):
>   /usr/bin/squeak: undefined symbol: shutdownModule
>
> How can I find out what module is in question here?

It's not really a problem; you need to get a newer VM (you're using the Unix
VM, right?).

It is OK for a module not to have shutdownModule() defined. Right now there is
a test in the code for suppressing this complaint on several optional plugin
methods:

      && strcmp(lookupName, "initialiseModule")
      && strcmp(lookupName, "shutdownModule")
      && strcmp(lookupName, "setInterpreter")
      && strcmp(lookupName, "getModuleName"))

--