[ENH] CharacterTimes-rsb

Stephan Rudlof sr at evolgo.de
Thu Jun 24 23:52:58 UTC 2004

Richard A. O'Keefe wrote:

> I would love to see a redesign of the Stream classes, probably based
> on Traits, with a proper factoring between reading, writing, positioning,
> and text.

I have read some of the traits papers recently and like this approach.
There I have seen that the authors *have* used the Collection and
*Stream* classes as an example for refactoring using traits. So some of
this work has been done already.

When will the traits tools be mature enough to be a part of the
'official' image (note: haven't checked them so far)?
Which other parts of the system could be a good target for refactoring
with traits (Morphic?)?

Greetings
Stephan