DateTime's and LargeIntegers

Ross Boylan RossBoylan at stanfordalumni.org
Tue Jun 29 05:32:05 UTC 2004

On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 10:17:20PM -0700, Ned Konz wrote:
> On Monday 28 June 2004 9:51 pm, Ross Boylan wrote:
> > LargeIntegers is listed as a built in module, but not a loaded
> > module.  From the comments on the methods, this appears to mean the
> > plugin is not active.
>
> Looks like it's there to me:

You're right.  For my next trick, I'll learn to read.

So does this mean that the crummy performance I've been getting is
with the assistance of the plugin?

Obviously, I need to look elsewhere for redemption in that case.

Out of curiosity, since the list of BuiltinModules was much larger
than the list of LoadedModules, how do I activate the other
modules/plugins?

For that matter, if I unload the LargeInteger module (I was able to
find that command), how can I reload it?  Other than restarting the
vm, that is...  I suppose I also don't know if Linux is one of the
systems that supports unloading modules.  A final issue is whether one
can unload a builtin module at all.