Monticello taking a long time to merge

Ben Schroeder bschroeder at procro.com
Tue Mar 2 20:19:34 UTC 2004

Hi Brent,

> What version of Monticello are you using?  I know Avi & co.
> published a
> release of Monticello recently that made version files *dramatically*
> smaller (can't remember if it was v. 123 or v. 131 ...)

We're using 131, but we do have some of the old, large version files still hanging around.  We're right now trying to tell whether that's a factor.  If so, maybe we can re-save them using MC 131 and avoid the trouble.

(Another factor might be our branching history - we tend to "merge" a lot but not to "load", but I don't know whether that's anything.)

Thanks,
Ben Schroeder