Persistent Workspace

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Mar 3 14:16:18 UTC 2004

Hi

You should really automate that!!!!
For my projects I have a one click rebuilding image.

For my stuff before I used sar I got:

| my proj mwpath dir ctx botpath goodiespath |
dir := FileDirectory default.
ctx := thisContext.
[ctx == nil or:[ctx receiver isKindOf: FileStream]]
	whileFalse:[ctx := ctx sender].
ctx ifNotNil: [dir := ctx receiver directory].
dir isNil ifTrue: [self error: 'cannot locate the files'].

dir := dir pathName, FileDirectory pathNameDelimiter asString.
my := 'Stable32Turtle-24', FileDirectory pathNameDelimiter asString.
mwpath := 'MW-SD', FileDirectory pathNameDelimiter asString.
botpath := 'Bot-1' , FileDirectory pathNameDelimiter asString.
goodiespath := 'Goodies' , FileDirectory pathNameDelimiter asString.

(FileStream readOnlyFileNamed: dir, mwpath, 'MW-base.7.cs')
fileIntoNewChangeSet.
(FileStream readOnlyFileNamed: dir,  mwpath, 'MW-dragAndDrop.3.cs')
fileIntoNewChangeSet.
(FileStream readOnlyFileNamed: dir , mwpath, 'MW-explorer.5.cs')
fileIntoNewChangeSet.
(FileStream readOnlyFileNamed: dir , mwpath, 'MW-extensions.6.cs')
fileIntoNewChangeSet.

(FileStream readOnlyFileNamed: dir, goodiespath, 'NewLook-dgd.5.cs')
fileIntoNewChangeSet.
(FileStream readOnlyFileNamed: dir, goodiespath, 'iconMangt.4.cs')
fileIntoNewChangeSet.
proj := (TurtleAndBotProject newMorphicOn: nil).
proj renameTo: 'CaroAndBot'.
proj enter.

Now with sar

preamble

| files |

files := #(   'MW-SD/MW-base.7.cs'
		'MW-SD/MW-dragAndDrop.3.cs'
  		'MW-SD/MW-explorer.5.cs'
		'MW-SD/MW-extensions.6.cs'
'Goodies/BehavioralInspector.8.cs'
'Goodies/ParenBlinking.cs'
'Goodies/ScreenCapture.2.cs'
'Goodies/NewLook-dgd.5.cs'
'Goodies/iconMangt.4.cs').

files do: [ :cs | self fileInMemberNamed: cs ].

Postscript
| proj |