Merging in Monticello

Julian Fitzell julian at beta4.com
Wed Mar 3 17:45:09 UTC 2004

Those buttons won't do anything unless there's a conflict.  Conflicts
are indicated by rows in the changes list marked in bold.  If you click
on a bold row, you have the choice to keep or reject the incoming
version of the change.

Once you have resolved all the conflicts, the merge button will become
active.  If the merge button is already active, then you do not have any
conflicts.

I'd also like a more selective merge tool but it doesn't currently
exist.  Until we implement 4-way merging, and therefore have the ability
to specify ancestry ranges (rather than just ancestry lines), doing
these more selective merges is less useful anyway.

Currently I end up playing games with changesets and the Adopt button :)

Julian

julian at beta4.com
Beta4 Productions (http://www.beta4.com)