[BUG][FIX] TestRunner UI interaction

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Wed Mar 3 19:45:40 UTC 2004

On Mar 3, 2004, at 11:28 AM, Marcus Denker wrote:

>> The reason was I presume that SUnit was in the image - but not as an
>> SM
>> package.
>> Now with Marcus update - it is installed as a package, and thus will
>> be
>> independently upgradeable.
>>
> Shouldn't  a "update code from server" then do both a update wrt. to
> the update
> stream and tell SM to install all updated packages?

No, I think we should explicitly include instructions in the update
stream to pull in specific new versions from SM.  That way you'll
always get the right version for the update level you are at, and it'll
always come at the right point in the stream.  If you just always pull
in the latest version you're bound to run into trouble (particularly if
you're updating an image that hasn't been updated for a while).

These updates should be "fast tracked" into the stream, of course - if
the maintainer of a base package says that a new version needs to go
in, we probably don't need a lengthy review process to approve this.

Avi