[ENH] KCP-0180-MoreCompilerProtocolRefactoring.cs

Scott Wallace scott.wallace at squeakland.org
Thu Mar 4 07:41:47 UTC 2004

Hi, Nathanael,

I encountered two problems with this change-set:

(1) The class's organization is no longer getting updated after a
silent method removal.  Watch the underlying Player class in a
browser as you add scripts to a morph and then rename them, and
you'll see what I mean.  Formerly, with the #removeSelectorUnlogged:
protocol that is deprecated by this change-set, the organization was
kept up to date; it was only the change-set recording, changes-log
logging, and recent-submissions recording that needed to be
suppressed.

(2)  Also, this change-set exposes a bug in the version of
Behavior.removeSelectorSilently: which arrived in
5706KCP170CompilerPrtclRefactor -- instead of "SystemNotification,"
that method needs to have "SystemNotification uniqueInstance".

Cheers,

  -- Scott