[BUG] can't find EOCD position when loading SqueakSource fromSqueakMap

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Thu Mar 4 10:00:29 UTC 2004

Hi Bernhard

bernhard at pieber.com wrote:
> Thanks for setting up the SqueakSource repository! I find it really
> cool and wanted to try to set up my own server for playing around.
> However, I did not come far.
>
> I tried to load SqueakSource 76 from SqueakMap and I got the following
> error:
> 'Error occurred during install:
> can''t find EOCD position'
>
> I tried it with Squeak3.7alpha-5707 and Squeak3.6 and got the same
> error.
>
> I just wanted to let you know about that.

Thanks for the bug report. There has been a problem with automatic releases
to SM from SqueakSource itself: The paths and so the mcz file which sm tried
to unzip was just an 404 error message...

> Is SqueakSource its own WebDAV server or do I need my own? Is there
> documentation I should read before I bother you on this list?

SqueakSource implements HTTP GET and PUT itself - you don't need anything in
front.
There is no documentation so far but we've planned to write some short
instructions and put it on SqueakSource. So, just ask on this list or send a
mail to Lukas or me if you have questions.

Cheers,
Adrian