[BUG][BFAV] Possible bug in title generation

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at rnid.org.uk
Thu Mar 4 14:49:51 UTC 2004

Say you've got a thread with title

  "[BUG][3.7a-5764] FileContentsBrowser class side double clicking"

and you review a reply to that post. The title of the (email containing
the) reply is, say,

  "RE: [BUG][3.7a-5764] FileContentsBrowser class side double clicking"

So you open up your DecentReviewerNotePad and bung out a reply. You
send the reply, and wonder why the reply doesn't join the thread. It's
because the DRNP sent your mail with the title

  "RE: [BUG] [3.7a-5764] FileContentsBrowser class side double clicking"

Note the space between "[BUG]" and "[3.7a-5764]". I've not looked into
what exactly is going on here. Possibly it's just that BFAV is very
finicky with parsing/matching the title? I mean, I'd think that whitespace
around the tags would be ignored, but that's just an off-the-cuff feeling
with no thought around it (like, how exactly do you know what whitespace
is OK to ignore and what not?, etc).

This is with version 2.08.

frank