font history

Alan Kay Alan.Kay at squeakland.org
Thu Mar 4 20:52:23 UTC 2004

Cream was designed because I liked the documentation of JOSS at RAND
very much and this showed the JOSS code in a "slight script" that was
very pleasing to look at on paper. Cream was Flegal's solution to
this desire using only 1-bit graphics, and it was pretty good. But, I
think we all agreed after a while that it just wasn't subtle enough
to be as easily readable as the more delicate RAND hand-done examples.

Cheers,

Alan