A trick about running tests without SUNIT runner

Romain Robbes rrobbes at info.unicaen.fr
Fri Mar 5 11:00:02 UTC 2004

Le 4 mars 04, à 20:48, ducasse a écrit :

> Hi
>
> I ***really*** appreciate people that submit tests. You are great! I'm
> learning a lot reading your tests:)
> and this is so cool to run the tests and get a green bar.
>
> Now my point: In squeak we do not have yet (in the harvester image :)
> a way to run the test without
> SUnit runner interaction. A trick that I use often while writing tests
> is to add "self run: #..." as a comment
> This way I can while browsing the class execute the test without any
> UI.

If you could use BrowseUnit, you'll get a nice button doing this ...
How about including it in the harvester image ?

If you can't and if you want to optimise things further, you can lay
out you the comment
like that :

	testPeekerUnhibernateBug
	"
		self run: #testPeekerUnhibernateBug
	"

This way you can just position your cursor on the line, and do
a printIt without having to select the exact expression ...
that's at least a tenth of second faster ;-).