[ENH] HeaderFolding-klc

ken at kencausey.com ken at kencausey.com
Fri Mar 5 20:09:35 UTC 2004

"Change Set:		HeaderFolding-klc
Date:			5 March 2004
Author:			Ken Causey

Support of proper header folding and unfolding per RFC 822 seems to be
variable among email clients, MTAs and the like.  Despite the standard
specifying otherwise occasionally the line is broken at some postion
that is not a space.  In particular a recent case resulted in an
attachment filename being garbled because the header specifying the
filename was broken at the period of the extension.

To try to cut down on the effects of this issue I've added pre-emptive
header folding to MailMessage.  My implementation is relatively simple,
only folding lines at spaces.  But hopefully by pre-folding the lines in
the way we desire them to be folded we will cut down on the incidence of
destructive folding."