New look doesn't necessary means better look

ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Mar 7 08:18:34 UTC 2004

On 7 mars 04, at 01:30, Yoshiki Ohshima wrote:

>   Hello,
>
>   The world menu in Squeak3.7a-5764 looks, ..., too great to me.  The
> uneven linespacing, caused by the icons, is very unusual thing to see
> and hard to use indeed because the same amount of mouse movement
> results in different offsets of the menu items.

We could also change:
	-  a the size of the fonts used, or
	-  b fixed the fact when there is no icon the space between two items
	is the same as with icons
	- c produce smaller icons (this is easy you do not need to know how to
program
	just using a drawing tool)

when the icons get introduced I spent time reshaping them to be all 16
on 16 because
I did not want to throw away the work of diego. I introduced some
simple way to import
and save icons.

MenuIcons exportAllIconsAsGif
Note that if you change the size or produce another set of icons, it
would be good to
introduce a mechanism to specify their size and change the size
depending to the font
size.

Right now I think that b is the best think to do.

So feel free to improve