Revamping squeak.org

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Sun Mar 7 20:05:23 UTC 2004

Hi Giovanni.  The problem in the past has been that suggestions for
improving squeak.org are occasionally made on this list, but no one is
really "in charge" of improving the site.

If you'd like to do some work on this, that would be great.  From your
example, it looks like you want to clean up the wording, which is fine.
  The look could also use an update too, but updating the content is
probably even more important.  Most importantly, the "About" sections
like "Entering 2000" desperately need to be cleaned up... it's stuff
like that that prompts the isSqueakDead discussion.  I would remove any
date-specific references from squeak.org and replace them with links to
actively updated content on SqueakPeople or the Swiki.

So, go for it.  After you've made some more updates to your example
page, post here for comments and then we can add the changes to the
site.

And if anyone wants to help out Giovanni, please speak up now!

- Doug