[ANN] Vassili Bykov's Assertions on SqueakMap

Romain Robbes rrobbes at info.unicaen.fr
Mon Mar 8 15:24:04 UTC 2004

Hi folks,

A while ago, Vassili Bykov released as an example in it's article
"The hitch hiker's guide to the smalltalk compiler"
(http://www.smalltalkchronicles.net/edition2-1/st_compiler.htm),
an assertion mechanism for squeak, which had the advantage of
incurring no performance overhead when disabled. He did that
for squeak 2.7, so it was really a long time ago :-).

So I made a release for squeak 3.7, adding a preference to toggle it on
or off
(in the debug category), and providing unit tests for it. The port was
an
extremely harassing task, as I only had to simplify a method :-). If
only
it could be like that more often ...

Enjoy,
	Romain