New look doesn't necessary means better look

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Tue Mar 9 05:19:14 UTC 2004

  Stéphane,

> We could also change:
> 	-  a the size of the fonts used, or
> 	-  b fixed the fact when there is no icon the space between two items
> 	is the same as with icons
> 	- c produce smaller icons (this is easy you do not need to know how to
> program
> 	just using a drawing tool)

  I remember that there were some discussion about this, but another
option is to have a scalable icons.  A fixed size bitmaps only works
in one size, so it may not work very well once someone change the menu
font.

  Also, supplying the icons should be all or nothing; if a menu has
icons, all items should have icons.  If not, all shouldn't have.

> MenuIcons exportAllIconsAsGif
> Note that if you change the size or produce another set of icons, it
> would be good to
> introduce a mechanism to specify their size and change the size
> depending to the font
> size.

  Yes.

> So feel free to improve

  Is it an improvement if I say let's set the #menuWithIcons false and
put a paragraph in the welcome window or such?

-- Yoshiki