[FIX] Proper Endianness restoration

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Tue Mar 9 06:59:20 UTC 2004

  Hello,

> Okay, after testing further, things aren't working quite as well as
> hoped.  (This is using Ned's latest version from BFAV.)  TTFonts can be
> saved on Windows and loaded on Windows, or saved on Mac and loaded on
> Mac, but cannot switch from one to the other.  When they do, the
> changeset files in successfully, but the characters are rotated and
> flipped.  Yee-hah!  See attached screenshot.

  The short thingy are suppose to do #swap the short values upon start
up...  The symptom in the bitmap looks like the values in
ShortPointArrays are not swapped (or swapped twice?).  The code looks
like what it should do...  ShortIntegerArray class initialize has to
be called on a Mac before the image release?

  I now remember that we have an extra (?) Mac in our office. I'll
check it tomorrow.

> To see this in action, anyone with a Mac can install the
> BitstreamVeraFonts-dew changeset I posted earlier today, which was
> created on a Windows machine.

-- Yoshiki