[BUG][SM] Error when opening a package loader

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Tue Mar 9 16:30:58 UTC 2004

Hi all!

I wrote when commenting on my own buggy code:
> Hehe, oops. That code just sucks!!! Who wrote that?! Is that the same
> guy going on and on about quality on squeak-dev?! Jesus. Bring out the
> gallow, hang him I say!
>
> Ehrm... I must have been under the influence while writing that. Christ.
> Flog me. Hard.

It was brought to my attention - in a very friendly way - that the
choice of words above was not very appropriate given this list being
multicultural and international.

Being a Swedish agnostic bordering on atheism - and Sweden being a
dominantly secular country - I sometimes forget that people may react to
these things. Really, really sorry. Not my intention at all.

Also, in Swedish there is even a word similar to "yikes" or "gosh" that
is actually derived from "Jesus" (jösses or jisses), so I meant
absolutely nothing else than "gosh" or something like that. Same with
the use of the word "Christ" in that posting.

Anyway, consider it a slip of my tongue and definitely not "meaning"
anything. I will try to remember this in the future.

regards, Göran

PS. Haven't had a good week on the list so far. My discussions regarding
possible rules for the standard packages more or less crashed and burned
- well, the latest attempt "Rewind..." hasn't crashed yet... but who
knows! I should probably spend the rest of the week coding instead of
posting :)