[ANN] OmniBrowser

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Tue Mar 9 18:32:29 UTC 2004

On Mar 9, 2004, at 1:10 PM, Romain Robbes wrote:

> By the way I saw that your browser can have a collection of text
> panes, not only one.
> How hard would it be to have a browser with several selections, like
> whisker ?
> (I naively tried to duplicate the sole panel in the collection, but I
> didn't ended
> with two panel when reopening the browser)

Right. The current release only builds morphs for a single text panel.
The latest version in my public repository does build the display for
multiple panels correctly, and this will be part of the next alpha
release. You can download a preview here:

http://monticello.wiresong.ca/ob/OmniBrowser-cwp.154.mcz

> Concerning the RB, there is work to do to make the refactorings easily
> accessible
> to everyone as services. A while ago I looked a bit into that, but
> didn't get very far due
> to lack of time (as always ...). I have to look further in your Action
> and Actor code,
> to see if they could be integrated there (IIRC this is the way you
> implements menu
> actions, right ?)

That's right. Menus are implemented via actions, and I'm currently
working on creating a button bar that uses actions as well. At some
point I want to make actions available through the text pane as well,
but I suspect that will require some special handling - maybe a
TextAction of some sort.

So yes, I hope to have an OBRefactoringActor at some point. :-)

-cwp