Minor bugs in squeak 3.6 BFAV

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Tue Mar 9 20:21:47 UTC 2004

On Mar 9, 2004, at 12:10 PM, Frank Caggiano wrote:

> Ken Causey wrote:
>> I believe what has happened is that you have installed the package
>> labelled 'BFAV2' and not 'BFAV2 Installer'.  'BFAV2' is just the code
>> for BFAV2 with none of its dependencies'.  'BFAV2 Installer' is an
>> installer which installs BFAV2 and all of its dependencies.  Please
>> install 'BFAV2 Installer'.
> I believe this has come up a few times in the past. If what needs to
> be run is BFAV2 Installer and not BFAV could BFAV be removed from the
> map
> to lessen the confusion new (and not so new) squeakers encounter.
>
> If BFAV can't be removed for some reason could BFAV2 Installer be
> renamed to something like 'BFAV2 Run me not the other thing just above
> me called BFAV2 which is what you would think you should run but it's
> not, really'.  :-)

This is a hack, but:

Rather than having separate BFAV2 and BFAV2 Installer packages, you
could instead have separate releases on the same package.  So you
release a version called "BFAV2 2.08" and also "BFAV2 2.08 Installer".
Only mark the "Installer" release as published, and make sure it comes
after the non-Installer release, so that it's the one installed by
default.