uploading project files on SM

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Wed Mar 10 12:29:57 UTC 2004

Romain Robbes <rrobbes at info.unicaen.fr> wrote:
[SNIP]
> Something like fetching the url of registered package and see if
> you have it on the server or not, and downloading it if you
> don't have it.

Yes, that is how the server side cache is meant to work.

> > Sidenote: Avi has made a programmatic interface for making releases - I
> > think Monticello can do it. But I don't think he handled actual
> > uploads.
>
> I saw that, but I haven't tried it yet ...
> I'm only using MC since a few weeks .

MC rocks. :)

> >> In the latter case, I was also asking for people
> >> (especially for all people who have packages
> >> registered on sites where the port is not 80)
> >
> > Eh... aha. Then you get problems if you are behind a proxy I assume?
>
> Yes I am ...

Right. Interesting aspect - hadn't thought of that. I will try to get
the server side cache into gear in the next major release. Will first
try to do a little fix release meant for 3.7 (since we are in beta now).

> > IMHO the "good" solution here is to wait until I get the server side
> > cache working, Or help me with it. :)
>
> Well, I've got a few thousands things to do too, so as soon as I have
> finished
> them all, I'll contact you ;-). Chances are big you'll finish it first

Hehe, I read ya. :)

> Cheers,
> 	Romain

regards, Göran