[Q] Compiling external plugin OSX Panther xcode

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Thu Mar 11 03:09:20 UTC 2004

Ah yes, you need a

pkgInfo (attached) file that goes into your Contents folder within the
bundle. It contains these 8 bytes:

BNDLFAST

After dropping the pkgInfo there rename foobar.bundle to foobar then to
foobar.bundle and you'll get
the squeak bundle icon, versus a folder icon.

PS Please note for debugging if you have the VM, you can start the VM
up and if you've got all the gcc debug
setting right, why you can do source code debugging, and with the new
xcode actually change C procedures and
have it relink on the fly without stopping and restarting the VM.
Wonders of wonders...

On Mar 10, 2004, at 6:53 PM, James Gjerde wrote:

> i got it working now. i think the main problem that i noticed was that
> i was
> looking for the lego icon from my build. my .bundle has a folder icon.
> after
> staring in frustration at the build directory from the xcode project i
> finally realized the thing was right in front of me. but i moved it to
> the
> proper place and the plugin is working.
>
> i am still kinda new to this whole apple-mac thing.
===