Using LF in fileOut's

tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Mar 12 04:03:59 UTC 2004

C. David Shaffer wrote:
> Vincent wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I work with MacOS X and Linux.  When I do fileOut on a class or method,
>> I always need to convert eh CR line-endings with LF line-endings.  Is
>> there a way to have fileOut use Character lf instead of cr?

Fileouts are expected to be CR line-ended. That's just the way it is.
Treat them as binary data.

If yo ureally need to rteat them as text for some reason (and I can't
think of many) I'm pretty sure that on any reasonable platofrm there has
to be an editor that can handle variations of lineineds.

tim