[BUG] Can't load BFAV into any 3.7 image

Michael Rueger michael at squeakland.org
Fri Mar 12 19:42:21 UTC 2004

Brent Vukmer wrote:

> Which platform are you on?  If Windows, then are you using the 3.6.2 VM?
> Pre-3.6.2 VMs and the BFAV don't mix well when networking operations are
> attempted.

Oh, good to know!
Might be helpful to mention that in the install package. Or did I
overlook it? RTFM ;-)

> Hmmm..  Well, regarding the in-image HTTPClient code - partial-get is
> essential to how the BFAV loads updates, and AFAICT the in-image code
> doesn't provide the API methods I needed for partial-get requests.  Care
> to upgrade the in-image stuff so that it is as HTTP 1.1 compliant as is
> the SM package?

As soon as I get my 36h day approved ;-)

> I'm not sure what you mean by "intrackable".  HTTPClient is a Monticello
> package; you should be able to see all of its class-extension methods
> via the Monticello Browser.

Hmm, intrackable was probably the wrong word. What I meant is just my
gut reaction to having zillion of classes in order to make a HTTPRequest ;-)
No, I don't want to start a discussion here, as I said, despite that gut
reaction I still think that package is great work.

Cheers

Michael