Entering code

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Sat Mar 13 20:55:23 UTC 2004

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 21:40:55 +0100, "rrobbes" <rrobbes at info.unicaen.fr>
wrote:

>   I'll try to have a look a it someday. It seems rather big though, so
> I don't know yet how to tackle the problem. What other interesting features
> did this browser have ?

Romain,

Feature list (off the top of my head):
	- multiple select on all list panes
	- almost all operations work with multiple selections
	- five pane browser, with class & method categories
	- hierarchical classes list
	- can fileout in many different formats, including
		- standard visual smalltalk
		- ibm smalltalk
		- visual works (tabbed or spaced)
		- RTF
		- our own system, which we called CodeFiler
		- SLL
		- Team/V
	- it has a change set dropdown list, and highlights in color
	  everything that is in the selected change set
	- change sets are per-browser, so you can be working on multiple
	  change sets at the same time, in different browser windows
	- browser state push/pop/exchange
	- method versions, like Squeak has

If you recall, the standard browser that came with Visual Smalltalk was
pretty pathetic, so we put a lot of effort into making this one fast,
simpler, and programmer-friendly.

Later,
Jon