Need new tag for BFAV

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Tue Mar 16 04:31:49 UTC 2004

In the BFAV, there are several older post groups under the "Approved"
tab that are no longer really approved.  See the last 5 or 6 groups
there, for example "[BUG] [FIX] DropFilesEvent-fix-dgd" which is at the
bottom.  This had a problem filing in, so it should really be bumped
back to the "Review" tab, so that someone can know to look at it and
post an updated/fixed version, which could then be re-approved later.

To do this, we could add support for a new tag (which I would normally
add), such as [unapproved], or [not yet approved] , or [review again],
or something like that.  Whatever we decide for the tag name, if a
group contained this tag and there was no [approved] tag posted after
it, the group would show up in the Review tab.  If an [approved] tag
appeared later sequentially in the group, then the group would show up
in the Approved tab.

How does this sound?  We could just use [unapproved] for the tag name,
although I don't want the tag to sound like the item is permanently
rejected... it's really only temporarily rejected.  Anyway, something
like this for the name.  I'm guessing the change to the BFAV would be
fairly simple.

If we had this tag, then I could really clear out the approved items
after issuing updates so that the Approved tab page would be empty.
You'd also know more accurately what was in the approved pipeline at
any given moment.

- Doug