[BUG] CS 5708 blows away SM2 if it's already installed

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Wed Mar 17 18:25:40 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 17 March 2004 9:51 am, Michael Rueger wrote:
> Ned Konz wrote:
> > I was trying to get together a harvesting image.
> >
> > Start with a 3.2 image.
> >
> > Try to update it to 3.7a-5816 from a (local) updates server.
>
> If you succeed in doing so, could let me know if the method
> LedMorph>>scrollInit is in the resulting image? As I repeatedly stated
> the method is in the download image, put not in my strictly built from
> updates image.
> This is IMO still a very troubling and unresolved issue.

OK, I was able to do the following (there were still 2 complaints about CS
already existing after loading SqueakMap, and I had to proceed when the error
about the already-defined instVar appeared):

Utilities readServerUpdatesThrough: 5707 saveLocally: false updateImage: true.
"now 5401"
SystemVersion current registerUpdate: 5402.
Utilities readServerUpdatesThrough: 5707 saveLocally: false updateImage: true.
Utilities readServerUpdatesThrough: 5707 saveLocally: false updateImage: true.
SystemVersion current registerUpdate: 5708.
SystemVersion current registerUpdate: 5709.
Utilities readServerUpdatesThrough: nil saveLocally: false updateImage: true.
Utilities readServerUpdatesThrough: nil saveLocally: false updateImage: true.
Utilities readServerUpdatesThrough: nil saveLocally: false updateImage: true.

The resultant image does, in fact, have LedMorph>>scrollInit in it. And that
is called by LedMorph>>initialize, which was last modified in CS 5240.

The stamp on LedMorph>>scrollInit is:
di 3/8/2001 23:44 • initialization • 1 implementor • in no change set •

The Morphic-Games package on SqueakMap (at least the Morphic-Games.4.sar
version) does not touch LedMorph. And 5197 (the GamesRemoval) merely
classifies the class under Morphic-Leds.

--
Ned Konz
MetaMagix