[BUG] CS 5708 blows away SM2 if it's already installed

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Wed Mar 17 19:37:19 UTC 2004

Ned Konz wrote:

>On Wednesday 17 March 2004 9:51 am, Michael Rueger wrote:
>

>>Ned Konz wrote:
>>

>>>I was trying to get together a harvesting image.
>>>
>>>Start with a 3.2 image.
>>>
>>>Try to update it to 3.7a-5816 from a (local) updates server.
>>>

>>If you succeed in doing so, could let me know if the method
>>LedMorph>>scrollInit is in the resulting image? As I repeatedly stated
>>the method is in the download image, put not in my strictly built from
>>updates image.
>>This is IMO still a very troubling and unresolved issue.

Ok, I finally went through some old images on my machine here (which has
lots of old images lying around), and it looks like this method appeared
sometime between 3.0 and 3.2.

Then to double-check, I just downloaded the 3.0 and 3.2 fresh bundles
from the UIUC ftp site, and yes, that method is in the 3.2 image but not
the 3.0 image.

So, it appears that this method snuck in sometime during the Squeak
Central era, not the Guides era... so I think I'm off the hook here. ;-)

- Doug