Directory listing on Mac

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Thu Mar 18 22:03:56 UTC 2004

On Mar 18, 2004, at 4:48 PM, Ned Konz wrote:

> On Thursday 18 March 2004 1:30 pm, Colin Putney wrote:
>> On Mar 18, 2004, at 4:24 PM, Brian Murphy-Dye wrote:
>>> I see that 'FileDirectory default directoryNames' returns an Array of
>>> directory names located in the image directory. On a Mac OS/X system,
>>> how do I find the directories in the '/Users' directory?
>>
>> Try something like
>>
>> (FileDirectory root directoryNamed: 'Users') directoryNames
>
> No, the root is the parent of the volumes; 'Users' will be a
> subdirectory of
> one of those.

Yeah, the problem is that /Users is a unix concept, but he's using a
Carbon VM. Determining which volume is also the root partition isn't
possible (I don't think...) because Carbon doesn't have a notion of
"root partition."

Brian, you might try the above snippet using a Unix VM. I haven't been
successful in building one myself, so I can't confirm that it works.
The following works on my system, but might not on yours...

(FileDirectory on: 'Macintosh HD:Users') directoryNames