[BUG?] Issue with time profiler?

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Sat Mar 20 19:34:37 UTC 2004

On Saturday, March 20, 2004, at 02:12 PM, Tim Rowledge wrote:

> "David T. Lewis" <lewis at mail.msen.com> wrote:
>
>> Usually this is because your method is running too fast to gather any
>> useful profiling information. Try wrapping the method you want to
>> profile
>> in a loop to run it 100 times or 1000 times. That should give enough
>> run
>> time to give you a profile.
> As I'm sure Ned is probably about to say, also consider reducing the
> spy
> interval -  see MessageTally class and look at the various spyOn:
> methods. Most of them use 16 (mS) and you'll get probably more useful
> results on a fast machine with a smaller value.

Oddly enough, Ned submitted some MessageTally enhancements a little
while ago which includes a smaller default spy interval (I think 1ms).
I already approved it, so it's in the pipeline for the next round of
updates.

(see "[ENH] MessageTallyImprovements-nk" from March 8 if you want to
try it out)

- Doug