Directory listing on Mac

Brian Murphy-Dye brian.murphydye at mac.com
Sat Mar 20 22:38:06 UTC 2004

This may or may not help, but by combining thoughts from others on this
topic, I added an #onMac: method to FileDirectory. It works similarly
to the #on: method, so that:
     (FileDirectory onMac: '/Users') directoryNames
returns a collection of directory names in the /Users directory and
     (FileDirectory onMac: 'images') fileNames
returns a collection of file names in the images directory inside the
place where the image is. Though I have yet to test it, it should work
under Linux as well.

onMac: pathString
	"Return a new file directory (even on Mac OS/X) for the given path, of
the appropriate FileDirectory subclass for the current OS platform."
	| newPathString |
	FileDirectory pathNameDelimiter = $: ifFalse: [^ self on: pathString].
	newPathString := pathString replaceAll: $/ with: $:.
	^ FileDirectory on: ((newPathString at: 1) = $:
		ifTrue: [(FileDirectory default pathName subStrings: ':') first,
newPathString]
		ifFalse: [FileDirectory default pathName, ':', newPathString])