[ANN] SqueakSource 1.0

Lukas Renggli renggli at student.unibe.ch
Mon Mar 22 17:48:36 UTC 2004

Hi,

>    I tried connect via "Monticello Browser" +Repository, where I set
> the  "HTTP Repository" with=20
>           MCHttpRepository
> 	location: 'http://kilana.unibe.ch:8888' ( or without 8888)
> 	user: ''
> 	password: ''
> but it didn't work on my v3.7 image/winXp.=20

you have to specify a project as location. Use your web-browser and
point it to

	http://kilana.unibe.ch:8888

and the web-interface will be presented to you, where you are able to
view all the registered projects by clicking on the Projects-Button in
the toolbar. Then, as an example, click on the project 'The Squeak
community harvesting tool' and the overview about this project will be
presented to you. Below the heading 'Registration' there is the famous
registration-string:

	MCHttpRepository
		location: 'http://kilana.unibe.ch:8888/BFAV2'
		user: ''
		password: ''

Copy and paste it into your Squeak-Image, exactly as you did before. If
are a member already don't forget to put-in your username and password
accordingly. Now you should be able to read the latest versions that
have been committed to the project BFAV2. Note that you won't be able to
commit anything there, as long as the project-administrator (this is not
me) doesn't allow it to you.

Register as a member and create a new or join an existing project to see
how to commit and use the more advanced features of SqueakSource. Note
that there is also some detailed help reachable from the toolbar and on
top of some of the forms (like the project editor).

Cheers,
Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli