[ANN] Freetype/2 Fonts demo v2 registered on SqueakMap

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Tue Mar 23 01:28:09 UTC 2004

The Freetype/2 fonts demo that I mentioned in an earlier [GOODIE] post is now
available via SqueakMap.

SqueakMap page:
http://map1.squeakfoundation.org/sm/account/package/e308b3cc-24f3-4557-8db4-d71776bc8014/autoversion/1

download:
http://map1.squeakfoundation.org/sm/accountbyid/092daeeb-7a37-427f-8afb-66bf2db74f98/files/FT2FontDemo2-nk.sar

Please tell me what you think.

From the version comment:

I have fixed the truncated character bottoms and the lack of understanding of
emphasis.

It should work in a recent (3.7a) Squeak image; I have only tried it in a 5816
image.

Known issues include:

* point sizes are actually pixel sizes; as a result the fonts here are 72/96
(or whatever resolution your monitor is) as big as they should be.

* character encoding is not MacRoman (I think it's Latin-1).

* caret (up-arrow) and underscore (left-arrow) are not re-mapped.

Thanks again to Arjen van Elteren for sharing his work with the Squeak
community!

Enjoy,
--
Ned Konz