Instance-specific behavior question (like Ruby?)

Poster at Kinetium dot Com poster at kinetium.com
Tue Mar 23 08:00:57 UTC 2004

I am somewhat familiar with the idiom of doing instance specialization by
overriding "doesNotUnderstand".

Ruby provides a different and more direct way of doing such prototype based
programming: it simply makes the instance belong to a new (anonymous) class,
and puts any instance-specific behavior on that class. It provides a syntax
to define that behavior (since the class is anonymous).

Is there a way to do this in Squeak? I'm a relative Squeak newbie ...

[Email copy of reply greatly appreciated]