[ANN] Freetype/2 Fonts demo v2 registered on SqueakMap

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Tue Mar 23 16:56:06 UTC 2004

On Monday 22 March 2004 11:56 pm, Romain Robbes wrote:
>         This fonts are very nice, since they are antialised but not fuzzy.
>         There might be more choice available for the font sizes.

That's the point of the Freetype/2 plugin and library. It lets you make new
FT2Font (pre-rendered) fonts from Truetype (or other) font files.

If you have the library and plugin you can add more sizes.

Or do you mean that I should distribute a new version with just the fonts and
FT2Font code, but that it should have a wider range of sizes in it?

If so, which ones (remember that I'm also going to fix the point/pixel size
problem)?

> As you said, Squeak's special characters are not mapped, and I found a third
> character which does not have a standard mapping : the character used to
> separate annotations in the browser's annotation pane.

Right. There's a MacRoman charmap in the font, though; I have to look at why
it wasn't used.

--
Ned Konz
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/